In the world today, there are a lot of deadly diseases battling the existence of humans. Tuberculosis is one of those diseases and claims up to 500 million lives every year in the South East Asia alone. The deadly disease works by attacking the lungs of the victim. It can then further spread to other areas of the body, leading to the eventual death of the victim. It is an airborne disease which makes its transmission easy. To stay safe from this deadly disease, there are some tips to keep you safe. Some of these are described below.
- Avoid close contact with infected people: Try as much as you can to stay away from those infected with the disease. In unavoidable situations, make use of protective gloves and masks. You should also wash your hands completely with disinfectant after contact.
- Strengthen your immunity: Put effort into improving your immunity. You can do this by incorporating diets that are rich in antioxidants in your meals such as garlic, Oat and Barley, shellfish, and so on. Take about five servings of fruits and vegetables daily. In case you cannot do this, then take daily dose of multivitamins or antioxidants so as to keep your body free from any disease and also repair your body cells
- Incorporate regular exercise into your daily routine: Make it a habit of working out every day. You can take at least 45 minutes walk daily or undergo some other form of exercise. Exercise will help to improve blood circulation through your body that will strengthen your body’s immunity.
- Try meditation to improve the quality of your life: Take a few minutes daily for meditation. It will reduce the level of your daily stress significantly. This will further improve your immunity.
- Take proper care of your hygiene and sanitation: Try to maintain a good hygiene anywhere you find yourself. Wash your hands regularly with disinfectants to stay away from germs. Simple habits that improve your hygiene cannot be overlooked with the level of exposure to diseases now.
- Keep to drug prescription: When you don’t complete your drugs according to prescription, you are not only putting yourself at risk. You are also putting those around you at risk. According to Dr. Kapil Salgia, when a prescription is not adhered to, this gives bacteria opportunity to resist the drugs. Once the bacteria are expelled into the air, they can be inhaled by those around. This will, therefore, increase the number of individuals living with drug-resistant tuberculosis. Therefore, always endeavor to complete prescriptions.
- Avoid stress: A lot of people are ignorant of the fact that stress increases your chances of getting health complications that include tuberculosis. This is one of the reasons why you should avoid stress as much as you can. Also, as stated earlier, meditation helps to reduce your stress level.
- Get enough sleep daily: It is quite common to get sleepless nights these days. But getting enough sleep daily is important for you to stay healthy. You should try to stay away from food that deprives you of sleep.
In a Nutshell
Staying away from tuberculosis is not an easy task. However, following the above tips strictly will be a step in the right direction. They will not only help you against tuberculosis but as well as some other diseases.
Photo Credit: Medicbuzz