It is unfortunate that we live in an unfair world. Most times, people we love are those who despise us. And those whom we find unattractive are the individuals who care so much about us. More frustrating is the fact that we spend so much time and resources trying to impress these people without achieving our objective: making the other person love us. We understand how you feel if you are going through this. And that is why we are here to offer you some tips that will help you build a long-lasting relationship with your crush, family, friends, or spouse:
- Communicate as much as possible: Both parties need to make sure they talk to each other as much as possible. In a healthy relationship, it is not proper that only one person makes all the calls and upholds communication. It has to involve both parties. So, if your friend calls you today, why don’t you call this person tomorrow? Doing so speaks volumes about how much you value the relationship.
- Respect one another: Respect is reciprocal. If you want to build a healthy relationship, you need to show the other party that you respect them. They will have different ideas and values compared to yours. They will believe in things that you might have doubts about. That does not mean they cannot be your friend. You are both simply different. Learn to respect their wishes, dreams, priorities, and much more.
- Don’t be judgmental: Criticism is different from being judgmental. When you are judgmental, you react to the action of others by passing horrible comments. Judgmental people forget that we’re all human beings; hence, we are prone to mistakes. You will build a healthy relationship better if you throw judgment out of the window and stick with constructive criticism.
- Support each other: In everyday life, we find that we have more people who are eager to destroy others. That is the quickest way to building a competitive relationship that will lead both parties to hate one another. As much as possible, encourage your partner, friend, or family member. Support them in their endeavors. Let them know when they have a fantastic idea and work with them on actualizing it. In doing this, you are building a relationship that will stand the test of time.
- Don’t be dependent on each other: Many people often make the mistake of relying on the person they are in a relationship with for everything. Eventually, such attitude will wear out the relationship. Two individuals in a healthy association need to be independent of each other. They need to be able to function and take decisions without the other person. Any action that is short of this is leading to an unhealthy association.
We know how much you want to be in a healthy relationship. The foundation of a relationship is significant. Hence, these tips are guaranteed to help you build a wonderful relationship that will keep you smiling. Have you heard the saying “it takes two to tango”? The same applies to a healthy relationship. It takes two to make it work.
Photo Credit: Stepbystep