Having a baby to many people is one of the most wonderful things that can ever happen to them. In fact, many people don’t feel like they have achieved much until they have an offspring they can call their own. Despite these feelings, challenges arise when it comes to giving birth. Some people believe that a child should not be brought into the world unless they are married. Thus, they wait for a partner before going ahead. Others believe they should be financially stable before giving birth. On the other hand, a vast majority of people believe in giving birth early. Whichever course of action you decide on, you should know there are advantages and disadvantages to having a baby in your twenties or early thirties.
Pros of Giving Birth Early
Many health care professionals in their talks, lectures and seminars advocate giving birth as early as possible. Have you ever wondered why the reasons for their advice? Here are some of them:
- Early fertility period: Research by health care practitioners has shown that an average woman’s fertility is at its peak in her early twenties. Thus, from a biological point of view, this is the best time for the womb to carry a baby without complications successfully.
- Lower chance of miscarriage: Women that get pregnant early have a far lower chance of having a miscarriage than those that give birth late. Statistics show that is it ten percent for females in their twenties, twelve percent for women in their early thirties, and eighteen percent for those in their mid to late thirties. As the age increases, so also does the percentile for having a miscarriage.
- Fewer birth defects in the baby: The more you age, the more your ovaries age too. Thus, the quality of the eggs your body produces declines with each passing year. That factor can significantly affect the fetus in the womb. Lower egg quality can lead the fetus to have genetic abnormalities which can lead to many other congenital disabilities.
Cons of Giving Birth Early
Just like the advantages of giving birth early, there are also some disadvantages to it. However, many people don’t know them so allow us to educate you for a while. Below are some important ones:
- Financial Instability: The truth is that having a baby requires a lot of financial requirements. You’ll need to buy feeding bottles, baby food, diapers, and much more. The list is endless. If you are not financially buoyant in your twenties or thirties, it might be difficult nurturing the child.
- Professional stagnancy: If you are still trying to figure out what you want to be in your twenties or thirties, having a baby at that age might not be the best thing to do. Also, if you just started a job and you haven’t established yourself well, having a baby might make you stagnant in your profession.
Having a baby is both exciting and scary at the same time. At a young age, it might be terrifying because you wonder if you are ready for the responsibilities and the emotional demands. Well, we have educated you as to the pros and cons of an early birth. The choice from now is entirely yours to make.
Photo Credit: Tommys