Most organizations have challenges with productivity when the morale of their employees is low. Some of the attitude you would observe in such environment are lack of enthusiasm for work, lateness and eventually, weak performance in the appraisals. When your worker’s determination to succeed is at a low point, there would be the need to implement strategies that will help boost the morale of workers. Below are some of the ways through which you can make your workers more interested in their jobs:
- Make them believe in your vision: Your organization is a personal dream that you want to make a reality. And your workers will not understand it if you don’t explain to them. So, right from the recruitment stage, let them know your vision for the company. And explain to them how they can help you actualize your goals. Don’t just keep it at that; you have to always remind your workers about your objectives. Make them believe it to the point that it feels like their personal dream too.
- Promote them: Employees do not want to remain in the same position for several years. When you keep them at a spot in their career, they would want to go elsewhere for better opportunities. So to boost the morale of your employee, make sure you implement transparent performance-based promotion. Additionally, you should have a promotion plan for the workers. For example, you can implement policies that encourage annual or bi-annual promotion. Once the workers know this, they would work hard towards the career advancement with enthusiasm.
- Allow feedbacks: Workers are more dedicated when they know their voice matters in the organization. So, allow them to talk back to you. You can implement employee feedback by conducting workplace survey. And don’t just get feedbacks; make sure you act on it. Take their advice and incorporate policies that will advance the company. And wherever you receive negative feedback, try to improve the situation and ensure you carry them along in your plans.
- Schedule fun time: Your employees are not meant to work all through the month or year with having any time for fun. And you can bring the fun to work for them. You should organise end of the month dinners, employee birthday celebration. You can also celebrate work anniversary for your employees. Additionally, you may need to create a budget for such parties, and let them know that fun time is a standard part of the organization.
- Allow paid casual leave: Your employees don’t want to work all through the year. They need breaks because they have personal life and issues to deal with along the way. So, grant your workers paid casual leave as often as you can afford. Let them know that they can take some days off to unwind, and attend to personal stuff without worrying about its effect on their pay check. Paid casual leave would make your workers stay loyal, healthy and have the determination to contribute their quota to making the organization a successful one.
The happiness of your workers is a direct function of their productivity. So to keep their morale high, you should start by putting the steps above into practice. We are sure that very soon, you would see more enthusiasm in their approach to work.
Photo Credit: Entrepreneur