Trees are everywhere. If you walk for about ten minutes, there’s an eighty percent chance you will come across a tree. Some people are so lucky that when they step out of their house, a huge tree faces them. It might be dangerous, but the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. Let’s have a real honest talk now. Have you ever wondered why we plant trees? Have you ever wondered why we need trees in some specific places in our community? It’s alright if you haven’t because that is why we are here for you.
Tree are not just there to beautify the surroundings. They are not there for you to look at every day. The people that planted that tree did it for a particular purpose. Even though people planted trees years ago, the reasons for planting trees never changes. We can link it to one reason or the other. Now that you are quite interested in learning the benefit of the tree you see daily, we can proceed. Here are some great benefits of trees:
- Trees Provide Food: Food is an essential thing to the survival of humans. Without food, we could lose our lives in a matter of days. Trees are a source of nourishment to us. Fruits grow on trees so anybody that’s hungry can pluck a fruit and eat it. Trees also provide food for birds and other animals.
- Trees Absorb Carbon-dioxide: Did you know that too much carbon dioxide (CO2) in the air cause climate change? Yes! The campaigns about global warming aim towards reducing the amount of CO2 that is being released into the society. You might have heard some campaigns instructing people build trees around their neighborhood. Trees have the ability to absorb CO2. It removes and stores the carbon while releasing oxygen back into the air. Studies have shown that one acre of mature trees can absorb the amount of CO2 your car produces when you have driven it for 26,000 miles.
- Trees Shield Us from Sun Rays: The truth is the skin cancer is the most common type of cancer in the United States. However, one of the great benefits of trees is that it reduces UV rays exposure by about sixty percent. Thus, anyone who is walking on the road near a tree is at less risk of getting skin cancer. Our children that spend hours outside also have less chance of developing this chronic disease. Isn’t that amazing?
5 Amazing Relationship Between Man and Plant
Human beings connect with nature. If you doubt this, go out right now and breathe in some fresh air. You will feel something inexplicable inside you. Something so found that you cannot explain it other than to say you connected with nature. There is a relationship between man and plant. Have you noticed some people talk to their plants? When they do this often, the growth rate of the plant accelerates! Here are some other ways we’ve seen amazing relationships between man and plant:
- Plants Have Healing Powers: Although some people often disbelieve this assertion, the truth is that trees have healing powers. Studies have shown that patients that can view trees through their windows heal faster than other. They also have fewer complications. Also, children with ADHD show fewer symptoms when they have access to nature. Being in that environment calms them down and aids concentration by reducing mental fatigue.
- Man Needs Plant for Nourishment: If you don’t know the essence of plants in our life, you need to talk to a botanist. We need plants just as much as they need us. From plants, we get nourished with essential nutrients. Plants are a source of essential vitamins.
- Plants Need Man for Growth: Without man, plants would not grow. There would be no one to ensure they get adequate water or adequate sunlight. Yes, there is the option of rain but what about those plants that don’t have access to rain? What about those plants that have no access to sunlight? They depend on their relationship with man to help them survive.
- Plants Regulate the Concentration of Gases: Some harmful gases are being emitted into the society. If a human being breathes such in, it might be quite toxic and dangerous to his or her health. However, because of our relationship with plants, concentration of gases is regulated and the air becomes more breathable.
- Plants Provide a Way to Connect to the Essence of Life: At one time in every race or culture, people depended on plants to help them bond with the divine world. They felt the need to create a relationship between man and plant so there would be a connection between them and other realms. That is why shamans of all culture believe that plants are the essence of life.
How to Beautify Your Home with Plants/Flowers
Now that you know the benefits of plants and flowers in our lives, you might want to start considering planting a few or buying some that have already been planted. Plants liven up a home. If you deliver fresh flowers to your partner, you will instantly light up their mood. That said, here are tips for you on how to beautify your home with flowers:
- Put Some on Your Window Ledge: As said earlier, plants need a steady supply of sunlight. Otherwise, they will die and your investments in them waste. You can beautify your home by placing flowers in a pot on the window ledge. That way, your flower gets enough sunlight and the room it is in lights up instantly.
- Put Some Air Plant Wall Art: Air plants are quite marvelous. They wither away slowly. However, if you tuck these beauties into colorful strings, the comments you will get from people that visit will make you feel good about the house.
- Place Some Plants on Your Shelf: In some homes, the shelf looks empty. You can easily solve this by putting plants and flowers in those spaces. You could get creative with it and arrange your books in between them.
We need plants in our lives all the time. Whether for medicinal purpose or just to appreciate nature, many of us feel the essential need for it. Plants and trees are just as important to us as the air we breathe in. Flowers smell lovely as well. On your way home today, just branch by that flower shop and get a pot. Nurture it. Watch it grow. The peace you’ll feel doing this is simply amazing!
Photo Credit: Pulse